Instant delivery by E-Voucher now available
Take a tour of London, top down, aboard an original 1960s Routemaster bus. See all of London’s most famous locations in one entertaining and informative tour of town. From historic Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and Tower Bridge, through to the cutting-edge Shard.
Your carefully designed route will be narrated in style by your jovial tour guide. A Londoner themselves, through light-hearted storytelling, they’ll bring to life 2,000 years of history. On-board screens and a state of the art sound system will be on hand to add detail and context with site-specific music, songs and subtle sound effects for a fully immersive audio-visual experience.
A complete and entertaining way to see London.
- Classic Tour of London aboard a 1960s Routemaster
- See all the city’s best sights
- Comedic guide offering narration throughout
- Site-specific audio-visual effects
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Your tour gets underway outside the Grand Hotel on Northumberland Avenue, from which you’ll hop aboard your 1960s Routemaster and set off around town.
Your tour has been designed to cover all the best things to see in London. Your tour guide will provide entertaining and informative narration as you go, with audio-visual additions adding context with site-specific music and songs to keep things lively throughout.
Need to know
- Minimum age: 5 (under 15s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
- Maximum number of passengers is 62
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available seven days a week throughout the year at 12.05 and 14.40. Excluded dates include December 24,25,26 and 31 and January 1.
We recommend you book 2 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Tours will last approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once you have made a booking your ticket is valid for use on the Classic Routemaster Bus Tour of London only for the time and date stated on the ticket.
- The bus cannot wait for latecomers, refunds will not be given although a transfer to another tour may be arranged subject to availability.
- Once your tickets are issued for the tour they are non transferrable.
- The operator reserves the right to cancel or suspend services as deemed necessary and without issuing advanced notice. In the event of a tour cancellation you will be transferred to an alternative tour if available.
- If the tour is stopped for some reason after the first half hour, they can offer you a place on another tour, free of charge, subject to availability.
- Conditions of carriage are subject to the provisions made by the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981; full details are available from our office.
- The Classic Routemaster Bus Tour of London take no responsibility for items left on the bus, personal items are carried at the owners risk and the experience provider can take no responsibility for items damaged or lost.
- Smoking, eating and drinks other than bottled water are not permitted on the bus.
- The experience provider reserves the right to refuse entry to intoxicated persons, and will not tolerate in any way abusive or threatening behaviour to staff. In such instances tickets will not be refunded.
- The experience provider asks that passengers are mindful of others during the tour, and anyone behaving in a disruptive manner will be asked to disembark.
- Please be aware that the supplier operates on historic vehicles and as such whilst they try their utmost to maintain the buses to the highest standards on occasion the buses may encounter mechanical problems. In the event of a breakdown they will attempt to fix the problem or deploy a secondary vehicle within 90 minutes of the problem occurring. Only after 90 minutes has passed will rebookings be guaranteed.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
For information on our packaging and delivery please