Instant delivery by E-Voucher now available
Tapirs are relatives of the horse and the rhinoceros although they are somewhat smaller and similar in shape to a pig but possess an elongated snout that they use to grip branches. The tapir is native to Brazil and has been around for the last 35 million years.
Once you manage to get the tapirs out of their favorite pool they are very friendly and love attention. Your experienced guide will show you how to approach the tapirs and offer them food. These creatures are almost always up for a tickle, so don’t be afraid to go and give them a stroke. If you’re lucky you may even see some super cute baby tapirs. You will receive a souvenir t-shirt and certificate each and make sure you take your camera to capture these amazing moments. Learn all about these fascinating animals and enjoy the rest of the day exploring Paradise Wildlife Park.
- Introduction and refreshments
- 15 minutes spent with a tapir
- Presentation of experience certificate and souvenir t-shirt each
- Entry to Paradise Wildlife Park for two people
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Paradise Wildlife Park, you’ll be greeted by staff and offered complimentary drinks in the Discovery Centre. There, you will be met by a member of the Animal Park team, who will brief you on health and safety information before showing you through to the tapir’s enclosure.
Once in the enclosure you’ll be invited to tickle and feed a tapir while your experienced guide shares some interesting facts about these fascinating animals. Don’t forget your camera as there will be opportunities for your guide to take some shots of you tickling and feeding a tapir before leaving the enclosure.
At the end of your encounter, you’ll be presented with a fantastic commemorative certificate and souvenir t-shirt each to take away with you. You’ll also be free to continue exploring the remaining attractions at Paradise Wildlife Park.
Need to know
- Minimum age: 10 (under 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
- Women in the early stages of pregnancy should consult their doctor or midwife before booking
- Although spectators will not be able to accompany the voucher holder during their experience, they may pay normal admission prices to enter the park and enjoy the other attractions and animals
- Disabled access is available, for further information please discuss with the supplier at the time of booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four to six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Your experience will last 30 minutes, with 15 minutes of those spent with the tapir. You are welcome to spend all day at the venue.
This experience is not exclusive and you may be joined by other people on the day.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
For information on our packaging and delivery please