Feel the adrenaline rush as you take the controls of a light aircraft and soar across the sky above the English countryside while learning what it’s like to actually pilot a plane with this 30 Minute Flying Lesson for one.
At your chosen location you’ll receive one-to-one tuition from a Civil Aviation Authority-licensed instructor, meaning you’ll have expert guidance in getting to grips with the controls during every moment in the air. You’ll have unbeatable views across the surrounding area, but we don’t blame you if you want to stay focussed on the world ahead of your windscreen as you’re thousands of feet above the ground!
What you’ll learn will depend on your chosen location, but all of your flying time will still count towards a Private Pilot’s Licence should you be a budding flying hobbyist and planning to take to the skies again. Exhilarating, awe-inspiring and breath-taking all at once, this is an experience you’ll want to try again as soon as it’s over!
- Introduction to flying, aircraft controls and safety
- One-to-one training from a CAA licensed instructor in a two-seater aircraft
- 30 minutes flying time with the opportunity to take the controls
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Your flying lesson starts with a pre-flight briefing from your qualified instructor. This will cover safety, and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, you are given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control. You will also be able to communicate with each other so you can be guided through your first lesson. Once in the air, you will be able to take the controls but your pilot will take over to land the plane at the airfield and taxi back.
- Minimum age: 12 (14 at Stapleford) Under 18s need parental/guardian consent
- Minimum height: 4ft 10in
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 12 to 18 stone depending on location
- Participants should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the aircraft
- These are guidelines only and we ask that you check any queries at the time of booking
- Spectators are usually welcome, without charge, but will not be able to accompany you in the plane. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so you should check with the centre when booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Flying lessons take place all year round and are normally available on any day of the week.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow 1 hour for your whole experience, but the flight (from taxi to landing) will last approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.