Treat yourself and a guest to an afternoon full of British charm, with this Afternoon Tea and River Cruise for Two in Historic Stratford-upon-Avon.
At The Arden Hotel, you’ll be served a selection of sandwiches, before moving on to cakes, pastries, sweets and homemade fruit scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream. There’s a selection of teas and infusions to enjoy too so you can choose your ideal accompaniment to an afternoon of tasty delights.
Hop aboard a traditional vessel for a relaxed sightseeing tour, cruise downstream past the famous Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Holy Trinity Church (the site of Shakespeare’s tomb), before turning around and passing under the 15th century Clopton Bridge. Audio tours are available for you to learn more about the sights and sounds of the Avon as you go.
- A traditional afternoon tea for two at The Arden Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Take a relaxed cruise of the River Avon with Avon Boating Ltd
- Pass by the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Holy Trinity Church
- Head back upstream under the historic Clopton Bridge
- Audio guides available to discover more
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at The Arden Hotel you’ll be warmly greeted by a member of staff and shown through to the lounge.
With menus in hand you can peruse the tea and infusion selection to find your ideal warming brew, and when you’ve decided you’ll be served your delicious afternoon tea on a tiered stand along with your chosen drink for an hour or two of British tradition.
The river cruise departs from the moorings at Bancroft Gardens. Trips commence 11am and run every 20 to 30 minutes subsequently. Simply present your voucher to the crew from Avon Boating Ltd for entry to the cruise. The trip lasts for 40 minutes and includes a cruise downstream past the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Holy Trinity Church, before turning around and heading upstream under the 15th century Clopton Bridge into the countryside. The cruise then returns to the moorings on Bancroft Gardens where you’ll disembark
- Under 16s must be accompanied by a full paying adult
- Due to the historic nature of the boats there is no wheelchair access for anyone who is wheelchair bound. There are a couple of steps onto the boat and they can store wheelchairs separately for anyone who can walk very short distances and are able to negotiate the steps. Crew members are always available at the boarding point to assist with boarding and alighting the boat. They are happy for customers to contact them for more details about access for those with limited mobility
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Afternoon Tea at The Arden Hotel
Available seven days a week. Date restrictions may apply.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
River Sightseeing Cruise
The season runs seven days a week from 1 April to 31 October, with trips commencing at 10.30 and running every 20 to 30 minutes.
Please allow approximately 1 hour 30 minutes for the afternoon tea, with an additional 40 minutes to enjoy the River Cruise.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.