Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
American Movie Truck Drive
Add to Basket
Peterbilt was founded in 1939, producing serious American trucks. Your ride, the 379, was Peterbilt's flagship truck from 1987 until the 2007 model year, maintaining the nameplate's signature long-nose styling. Immortalised in some of Hollywood’s most exhilarating blockbusters, now you can take control of one of these amazing machines.
On your American Movie Truck driving session, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel and experience driving on the designated truck area. Channel your inner truck driver as you learn how to manouvre through a specially designed course of cones, including reserve challenges. A unique opportunity for any petrol-head or American truck enthusiast.
- Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
- In-truck briefing with your instructor
- 20 minutes track time in an incredible Peterbilt 379
- Choice of 11 venues
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your pre-booked venue, you’ll be welcomed by staff and introduced to your instructor who will show you your incredible Peterbilt 379 truck. Inside the cab you’ll be fully briefed on safety and how to drive your amazing machine.
Ready to take control, you'll start the engine and experience the feel of manouvreing through a range of cones and obstacles, all with 1:1 guidance from your instructor.
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Minimum height: 4ft 5in
- Maximum height: 6ft 9in
- Maximum weight: 20 stone
- A driving licence is not required for this experience but you must have previous manual driving experience
- Fitness/Health: You should be in reasonable health and able to climb in and out of the car. This experience is not suitable for those with epilepsy, heart complaints or pregnant ladies. Please note: anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
- All drivers must have a good understanding on the English language for instruction purposes
- Spectators are welcome
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience
Your voucher is valid for nine months from the date of issue, kindly note that you must have booked and taken your experience before your expiry date.
This experience is available on selected weekdays and weekends from February to November.
Please note: dates at Tockwith in Yorkshire and Dunsfold in Surrey are limited.
If you wish to attend Gainsborough or Cranleigh venues a £25 upgrade fee is payable at the time of booking. If you wish to book at Dunsfold a £35 upgrade fee is payable at the time of booking.
We recommend you book eight to ten weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 to 3 hours for the whole experience (includes 20 minutes driving for each person in group plus welcome and brief) . Exact duration will vary according to the number of participants on the day.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
11 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (2)
- Cornwall - Perranporth
- Dorset - Wareham
- South East (2)
- Oxfordshire - Abingdon
- Surrey - Cranleigh
- East of England (2)
- Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds
- Norfolk - Norwich
- Wales (1)
- Wales - Monmouthshire
- Yorkshire and Humber (1)
- North Yorkshire - York
- East Midlands (2)
- Lincolnshire - Blyton Park Driving Centre
- Leicestershire - Lutterworth
- West Midlands (1)
- Warwickshire - Kenilworth