Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Animal Keeper at Hemsley Conservation CentreCode: PHEMSA 12 month validity Kent - Sevenoaks 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Animal Keeper at Hemsley Conservation Centre
Add to Basket
Visit Hemsley Conservation Centre and get up close and personal with some of the residents by becoming an Animal Keeper for the day.
Shadow a keeper and get your hands dirty, while getting to grips with some of the day to day challenges that go into caring for the centre’s many animals. You’ll have an introduction session and take a tour of the conservation centre before getting down to business. Meet the reptiles for a clean and feed, before making sure the marmosets are fed and watered. Then, you’ll meet the resident porcupines and head over to feed the meerkats and pop in to see the lemurs. Finally, you’ll feed the kinkajou, where your keeper will also give you a talk about these amazing animals.
- Shadow a keeper at Hemsley Conservation Centre
- Introduction and tour
- Reptile clean and feed
- Marmoset feed
- Porcupine clean and feed
- Feed the meerkats
- Quick lemur scatter feed
- Kinkajou feed and talk
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival at Hemsley Conservation Centre, you’ll meet your keeper for the day before taking a quick tour of the centre. Then it’s down to business.
You’ll shadow your keeper as you get up close and personal with the animals, and set about their daily care routines. You’ll meet a wide range of residents from reptiles to porcupines and the amazing kinkajou.
- Minimum age: 15 (under 18s must be accompanied by an adult who will need to pay the entry fee)
- Regrettably certain guests will be unable to take part including people with relevant phobias or known allergies, pregnant women and immunocompromised individuals
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality and health and safety this cannot always be achieved; please contact us for advice before purchasing
- If you wish to bring extra people to watch your experience they will need to pay normal entry prices, but will not take part in the experience
- Only two people can take part in an experience at any one time
- Animal handling is only permitted in certain situations
- Proximity and contact with the animals is at the staff's discretion on the day
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available 13.30 to 16.00 Monday to Saturday throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available.All bookings are subject to availability.
Allow 2 hours 30 minutes for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Kent - Sevenoaks
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.