Get up close to some of the world’s most incredible animals, with a Big Cat Encounter at the Big Cat Sanctuary. Home to over 50 cat species, including African lions, Sumatran tigers, jaguars and snow leopards, The Big Cat Sanctuary is dedicated to saving some of the most iconic yet endangered species on the planet.
Take an exclusive tour of this beautiful sanctuary and find out what the Wildlife Heritage Foundation are doing to preserve the future of these beautiful animals. Not only will you get up close and personal with the big cats, you’ll even be able to hand-feed one yourself! A true once-in-a-lifetime experience, it’s a day you’ll never forget.
- Guided tour of big cat sanctuary
- Hand-feed a big cat
- Light refreshments
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the centre, you will be greeted by staff. Following a safety briefing, you will receive a guided tour of the site where you’ll discuss the conservation needs of cat species worldwide with one of the sanctuary’s highly-trained team.
You will have the chance to get close to some of the most efficient killers on the planet whilst they remain safely in their enclosures. You will also have an opportunity to hand-feed one of the big cats. Make sure you bring your camera, as there will be opportunities to take photographs throughout the activity.
- Minimum age: 16 (under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- The total distance of the site is approximately 800 metres and there is a lot of walking involved so you must be able-bodied and reasonably fit. If you are unsure, please check with you doctor before booking
- Ladies in the early stages of pregnancy are asked to consult their doctor or midwife before booking
- Disabled participants are welcome; the site is accessible to all except in very wet weather when the grass surface may not be suitable for wheelchair users
- A maximum of four spectators per voucher holder (with a requested minimum donation of £20 per person, for all spectators over the age of 14). This will allow them to accompany the voucher holder and take photographs only (Spectators will not be able to participate)
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available on selected weekends throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four to six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 hours for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.