Calling all adrenaline junkies - this is your chance to bungee jump over the River Tees in the UK’s first commercial Bridge Bungee Jump. Set on the iconic Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough, you’ll get your blood pumping as you take the 160ft plunge strapped to a bungee rope.
Climb the 210 steps to the top of the bridge, your pulse quickening as you reach the centre point structure, and stop to take in the views. Try to contain your excitement as you are harnessed by the waist and ankles and checked over before you take your position on the edge of the bridge. The jump master will then count ‘3, 2,..’ and when they reach ‘1’ it’s down to you to make the leap. No turning back as you dive from the bridge towards the mass of water below, but you’ll be snatched back before you can reach it as the cord propels you back into the air. It’s a phenomenal feeling to freefall through the open air, between the sky and the water, and now you’re going to get to try it for yourself.
- Introduction and full safety briefing
- One jump from 160ft Bridge
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
After a briefing from your instructor, you will be weighed and kitted out with your harness. Then you will embark on the climb of your life, 210 steps to the top of the bridge.
Once at the top you can take in the fabulous view from 160ft as the final checks are made before you jump. Then it’s your turn. You’ll stand on the edge, the jumpmaster will shout ‘3, 2, 1, bungee!’ and then you’ll throw yourself down towards River Tees. Filled with adrenaline you’ll be propelled back before being lowered towards a waiting speed boat which will pluck you from the air. Then it’s back to the shore waving to your family and friends from the viewing area. Once on dry land, you’ll collect your certificate before departing.
- Minimum age: 14 (14 and 15 year olds require parent or guardian permission and signature)
- Maximum age: 49 with no doctor’s certificate, no maximum age with a doctor’s certificate
- Maximum weight: 18 stone 9 lb
- Waist harnesses fit waist size of 15.7in to 49.2in
- If you are not in good health, or if you are pregnant, you should NOT jump
- If you have any medical conditions you should seek medical advice before jumping
- You will not be permitted to jump should you have any of the following conditions: High Blood Pressure, and Heart Problems, dizziness, Epilepsy, Neurological conditions or Asthma. Participants cannot jump if they have any damage to neck, spine, legs or eyes
- If you suffer from any of the above but have been given a doctors certificate, you will be requested to sign a non standard waiver
- Medication – please inform us if you are taking any form of medication
- Glasses or hard contact lenses cannot be worn
- Alcohol – If you appear intoxicated you cannot jump
- Spectators are welcome
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
The experience is available on selected weekends throughout the year which vary according to location. Please contact the supplier when making a booking for updated availability.
We recommend you book at least four to six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 hours for the whole experience. Your bungee jump will take a few minutes.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.