Enjoy all the fun of freefalling without having to jump out of a plane in this thrilling Indoor Skydiving Taster at Bodyflight. You and a lucky friend will head to the world’s largest skydiving wind tunnel in Bedfordshire for an exciting freefall experience as you hover beneath a giant propeller. Your feet won’t touch the ground as you experience the sensation of freefalling while being suspended in mid-air by artificial winds of up to 180mph.
Originally built in 1950 by the RAE, this incredible tunnel was once used to better understand aerodynamic forces. These days its state-of-the-art facilities are used for training world champion skydiving teams from all over the globe so you can be assured that you’re in good hands while at the centre. Perfect for anyone for those who just like to feel the wind in their hair or with a fear of flying – this experience is sure to give you an unforgettable outing at one of the most exciting skydiving training facilities in the world.
- Welcome and instructional class on skydiving techniques
- Use of flight clothing
- Two flights each (each flight is of 1 minute 15 seconds duration)
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Bodyflight, you’ll be greeted by staff and checked in. You’ll then attend a short briefing and instruction class on skydiving techniques to ensure you get the most out of your experience. Then it’s time to get kitted out in your flight gear, including flight suit, helmet, earplugs and goggles, which will all be provided for by the centre.
You, your friend and the rest of your group will then enter the tunnel area for your skydiving experience, which will consist of two flights that you'll share, each flight lasting approximately 1 minute 15 seconds. During these flights you will have the unique chance to fly in the tunnel together with your friend and your instructors of course.
Please note - if the instructors feel that it would be unsafe to fly people together (due to differences in weight and or height) then they will instead offer participants one solo flight each. Where possible they will give the option to upgrade to two solo flights each for a small fee.
- Minimum age: 5 (Parent's discretion is advised, as a child needs to be able to understand and follow instruction. Under 18's will need to be accompanied by a participating adult who will be asked to read and sign an acceptance of risk form on their behalf). There is no upper age limit but you do need to be reasonably fit to participate in this experience
- Maximum weight: 16 stone 7lb (if you weigh over 16 stone 7lb then you may have a different experience to other flyers but the instructor may fly you at their discretion)
- All participants are asked to sign a disclaimer. You will not be permitted to participate if you are pregnant, have ever suffered a dislocated shoulder, serious back or disk problems, have any freshly stitched wounds, osteoporosis, any bone illnesses, heart problems, are wearing a hard cast or are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs. If you have any questions regarding any of these issues please discuss at the time of booking
- Spectators are welcome and there is a free viewing gallery, although small children may be better kept in the lounge area as the viewing gallery is noisy
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Your voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and you must book and take your experience before the expiry date. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
This activity takes place all year round and is available on selected dates from Wednesday to Sunday at selected times. Kindly note weekend availability is limited due to popularity.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance for weekdays and three to four months for weekends to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You will spend about 2 hours on site for the whole experience. Your arrival time will be at least 1 hour before your flight time.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.