Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Introduction to American Big Rig Truck Driving
Add to Basket
Get behind the wheel of one of Clive Shaw Trucking’s monster vehicles and experience the thrill of this Introduction to American Big Rig Truck Driving experience.
You can choose between a Peterbilt or Kenworth for your 20 minute drive; either way, you’ll be provided with a useful briefing beforehand, and your driving time will allow you plenty of 1:1 guidance from your expert instructor. Producing a solid 500 HP, you’ll feel on top of the world as you guide your rig around the track, manoeuvring it backwards and forwards and even trying out your attention to detail between cones. If you fancy a driving experience with a difference, this one’s for you.
- Introduction to American Big Rig Truck Driving experience for one
- Option of a Peterbilt or Kenworth, each 500HP
- A 20 minute drive with 1:1 tuition throughout from an expert tutor
- Safety briefing
- Choice of locations across the UK
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your chosen location, you’ll be welcomed and checked in. You’ll attend a short safety briefing, before heading out to your experience, driving an American big rig truck with 1:1 tuition from an expert instructor. Your experience is timed, not distance-related, so you can focus on the stuff you really like – whether that’s getting round the track, or practicing your attention to detail through cones!
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Guidelines are that you should be between 5ft and 6ft 4in to be safe and comfortable to drive and able to enter the cab unassisted. Restrictions may vary by venue, so please check at the time of booking
- All participants must hold a full UK driving licence and present the original on the day of the experience. International licences will be accepted.
- The steps to the truck are steep and all participants must be able to climb unassisted into the cabin
- Please note: anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
- Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate, however they will not be able to enter the truck. Viewing is available for spectators. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location.
Please check the validity of your voucher as it is essential that you book and take your experience before the expiry date.
The experience is available on selected dates February to November.
We recommend you book 10 to 12 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 1 hour 30 minutes for the full experience. Exact duration will vary depending on the location and number of participants on the day.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
11 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- Uncategorised (1)
- Ireland - Naas
- South West (1)
- Somerset - Shepton Mallet
- South East (1)
- Kent - Brands Hatch
- East of England (2)
- Norfolk - Badersfield
- Essex - Saffron Walden
- North East (1)
- North Yorkshire - Middlesbrough
- Scotland (1)
- Scotland - Ingliston
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Northern Ireland - Lisburn
- East Midlands (2)
- Derbyshire - Donington Park
- Nottinghamshire - Newark
- West Midlands (1)
- Staffordshire - Lichfield