Get to grips with these magnificent lords of the air and see the fascinating relationship that can develop between man and the bird of prey. Discover the skills required to handle these extraordinary beings, while absorbing the importance of breeding and conservation. If you are interested in birds of prey or their place in nature’s intriguing food chain, then you will no doubt enjoy this charming introductory experience. You’ll leave feeling like you’ve bonded with one of the world’s most enthralling creatures.
- Expert advice and tuition
- Instructor demonstrations
- Bird handling and flying experience
- Personalised voucher and message card
We’re working with our experience partners to ensure we’re adhering to government advice as it updates. Please check with the supplier at time of booking for their individual recommendations.
What happens on the day?
When you arrive, you will be welcomed by an instructor. Learn about the history of the ancient art of Falconry and learn the different characteristics of the different species of birds, before being introduced to the birds themselves. The falconer will demonstrate the art of flying the birds, before you put on the glove and fly them yourself. Please note the experience usually takes place in a small group.
- Minimum age: 8 to 16 depending on location (under 18’s need parental/guardian consent)
- You should be in reasonable health and have a reasonable level of fitness as some walking may be involved
- There is limited space for spectators. Please ask when making your booking
- There is a fee for friends/family to attend/watch with the participant at the Devon location. Please ask for details when making your booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
The activity takes place all year round but spring and autumn are ideal seasons for falconry. Waltham Abbey are open February to November.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow approximately 3 hours for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.