Feel the adrenaline rush as you take the controls of your light aircraft and soar across the sky, you’ll receive one-to-one training with a Civil Aviation Authority licensed instructor and will spend up to 30 minutes in the air (including taxiing and landing). What you learn will depend on your chosen location but all participants receive flying time that counts towards a Private Pilot's licence.
This experience has been described as “…exhilarating, a little scary but a lot of fun” and “A fantastic experience from beginning to end”.
- Introduction to flying, aircraft controls and safety
- One-to-one training from a CAA licensed instructor
- 30 minutes flying time with the opportunity to take the controls
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Your flying lesson starts with a pre-flight briefing from your qualified instructor. This will cover safety, and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, you are given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control. You will also be able to communicate with each other so you can be guided through your first lesson. Once in the air, you will be able to take the controls but your pilot will take over to land the plane at the airfield and taxi back.
- Minimum age: 12 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Minimum height: 4ft 10in
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 12 stone at County Down, 14 to 18 stone at other locations
- Participants should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the aircraft
- These are guidelines only and we ask that you check any queries at the time of booking
- Spectators are usually welcome, without charge, but will not be able to accompany you in the plane. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so you should check with the centre when booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Flying lessons take place all year round and are normally available on any day of the week.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow 1 hour for your whole experience, but the flight (from taxi to landing) will last approximately 25-30 minutes.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.