Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Introductory Off Road DrivingCode: PORDRI 9 month validity 20 locations 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Introductory Off Road Driving
Add to Basket
Get off the beaten track and take the wheel of a rugged 4x4 in this Introductory Off-Road Driving experience. With an expert instructor by your side, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your drive.
Explore the capabilities of a 4x4 vehicle as you take on the challenging course, putting your foot on the accelerator as you push the car up high climbs and feel your stomach drop as you come back down. At the end of your experience, you’ll receive a certificate of your achievement – the perfect memento of an extraordinary drive.
- Introduction to 4x4 driving and handling techniques as part of a small group
- Experience training from a qualified instructor and hands-on driving
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your chosen centre, you will normally be asked to sign an indemnity form which will also require parental/guardian signature for under 18s. Your session will usually be shared with other drivers and you will spend 45 minutes to one hour at the wheel and the rest of the time as a passenger.
You will be given an initial briefing, followed by detailed training from an instructor before being allowed to drive the vehicle yourself under their guidance once you are judged to be safe enough behind the wheel. At the end of your experience you will receive a certificate to take away with you and show off to all your friends and family.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Minimum height : 5ft
- Maximum height : 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- Participants must hold a current UK Driving Licence (Licence must be held for more than one year at Corby, Northants) which must be presented on the day
- You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the vehicle
- Some centres have restrictions on spectators’ access to the site, due to safety considerations and their insurance arrangements. Check with the centre before booking. If you are able to go on site, be prepared for lots of walking across rough terrain and wear suitable outdoor clothing. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so if you have any queries or special requirements, check with the centre of your choice before booking. In addition some locations may be able to offer spectators to ride as passengers in the vehicle for a fee, please check when booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to venue
- Please note: there should be no alcohol consumed either before or during the experience
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 2 to 3 hours for your visit, with 45 minutes to one hour driving (depending on location)
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
20 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (5)
- Wiltshire - Chippenham
- Gloucestershire - Coleford
- Dorset - Dorchester
- Avon - Bristol
- Devon - Honiton
- South East (6)
- Hampshire – Thruxton Circuit *
- Sussex - East Grinstead
- Kent - Canterbury
- Kent - Ashford
- Berkshire - Reading
- Hampshire - Romsey
- North West (1)
- Cheshire - Crewe
- North East (1)
- Durham - Ferryhill
- Scotland (1)
- Scotland – Knockhill Racing Circuit *
- Wales (2)
- Wales - Swansea
- Wrexham - Brymbo
- Yorkshire and Humber (2)
- South Yorkshire - Doncaster
- North Yorkshire - Skipton
- East Midlands (1)
- Grantham - Lincolnshire
- West Midlands (1)
- Warwickshire - Shipston-on-Stour