Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Jeff Wayne's The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience for Two - Off-PeakCode: PWOTWO 12 month validity London - Leadenhall Street 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Jeff Wayne's The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience for Two - Off-Peak
Add to Basket
Get ready to feel all your senses fired as you’re transported to another world – when Martians invaded London in 1898, and very nearly won. Discover The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience, where live actors, state-of-the-art virtual reality and sensational 5D effects place you inside the heart of all the action.
Your journey begins in The Spirit of Man, a steampunk bar and restaurant. With journalist George Herbert as your guide, you’ll crawl, slide and weave your way through 24 extraordinary scenes, experiencing first-hand the fear and destruction of the Martian invasion.
You’re not just watching. It’s happening – and you’re part of the story. You’ll visit the Royal Observatory, sneak into a deserted house, escape London by boat and even fly to Mars – all with Jeff Wayne’s multi award-winning musical version of The War of The Worlds as your soundtrack! Experience a world beyond your own, and get ready to discover your greatest adventure yet.
- Two Off-Peak tickets to Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience
- 2 hour experience including a 20 minute intermission in the Red Weed Bar
- Experience H.G. Wells’ Victorian England with state-of-the-art technology, immersive theatre and virtual reality
- Entire experience set to Jeff Wayne's iconic score
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your experience, the two of you will join an 8-person group. The experience involves actors, music and technology, so to enable everyone to make the most out of their visit, time slots will run every 10 minutes. As you step inside, you’ll immediately be immersed in H.G. Wells’ Victorian world, where live actors, holograms, 5D effects and movie quality sets combine to make this an experience like no other.
Your visit will last for 2 hours, which includes a 20 minute interval in the Red Weed Bar. You’re advised to wear comfortable footwear and clothes you can move in as you’ll need to bend down while walking and crawling, squeeze through narrow tunnels and to get through tight spaces. However if you feel unable to participate there are other routes, simply speak to a member staff on arrival.
- Minimum age: 10 (under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
- This immersive experience includes multiple effects which may include total darkness, uneven surfaces, air blasts, strobe lighting, latex, narrow tunnels, sudden loud noises, live actors, fog, scent, a slide and tight spaces, which require you to bend down while walking or crawling. When combined these effects immerse guests in the experience which is intended to be impactful. Some participants may suffer from a loss of balance, headaches, locomotor system pain, dizziness, problems caused by jets of air, fog effects or scents, and in some cases, epilepsy-like symptoms, during or after the experience
- For your own safety, the experience may not be suitable for:
Those who suffer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, asthma, back or neck conditions, epilepsy, or any type of medical condition affecting the senses of smell, vision, or hearing
Those of a nervous disposition
Those with disabilities, blind or visually impaired
Those with sensitivities to scent, loud noises, or flashing lights
Those suffering from breathing or respiratory problems, such as allergies or scent sensitivities
Those who are prone to motion sickness
- A guest with a disability is entitled to a single free carer ticket. To qualify for this free carer ticket you must apply in advance and provide documentation
- The experience is not fully wheelchair accessible but regular wheelchair accessible events will be run. Please register your interest for one of these accessible events
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available on Wednesday and Thursday from 14.30 to 19.50 with timeslots every 10 minutes. Exclusions may apply.
Dates are limited. We recommend you book early as possible in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 2 hours for the full experience.
Please note: availability can change at any time.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
London - Leadenhall Street
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.