Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Junior Half Day Keeper Experience with Day Admission for Two at Hoo Farm Animal KingdomCode: PHZJHD SP1 12 month validity Shropshire - Telford 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Junior Half Day Keeper Experience with Day Admission for Two at Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom
Add to Basket
Head behind the scenes of Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom and take on the role of zookeepers with this unique and exciting Junior Half Day Keeper Experience for Two.
A fun and jam-packed morning for all young animal lovers, your adventure will see you both handle, feed and stroke several animals. You’ll meet plenty of different species together along the way, including reptiles, hedgehogs, skunks, lemurs and the most popular of all, meerkats. The friendly keepers will be on hand throughout to help answer any questions and make sure you both have lots of fun.
If you’ve always dreamed of being a zookeeper, this experience is definitely for you. Your day also includes entry to Hoo Zoo and Dinosaur World for both of you, where you can see the other fascinating creatures here including Shropshire’s big cats and wolves.
- Junior Half Day Keeper Experience at Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom
- Get up close and hands-on with your favourite animals
- Learn all about what it’s like to be a zookeeper and care for the animals
- Meet a range of species including reptiles, hedgehogs, skunks, lemurs and meerkats
- Enjoy admission to Hoo Zoo and Dinosaur World
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Hoo Farm, the two of you will check in for the experience and receive a short safety briefing together to make sure you get the most out of your morning. Then it’ll be onto the main event as you go behind the scenes together to meet some of the animal residents. You’ll both handle reptiles, which usually change session by session but may include a Burmese python, reticulated python, giant tortoise or monitor lizard. Next up, you’ll handle hedgehogs, before stroking one of the skunks. You’ll also get the unique opportunity to hand-feed one of the groups of lemurs, either black and white lemurs or ring-tailed lemurs depending on the day. The keeper experience will conclude with a meerkat encounter where you’ll hand feed and interact with them. Once the experience finishes, you can spend the rest of the day exploring Hoo Zoo and Dinosaur World.
- Minimum age: 6 (under 16s must be accompanied by an adult)
- Admission is only included for participants of the experience. Accompanying adults will have to purchase admission on the day.
- Children under 16 do need an adult on site to participate and this adult can attend purely as a spectator (in which case they’d need to purchase admission) or on the experience ticket (in which case they’d take up one of the participant spots)
- This experience is unsuitable for wheelchair users
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Please book and take your experience before the expiry date.
The experience runs seven days a week throughout the year. Some excluded dates may apply.
We recommend you book at least 8 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Shropshire - Telford
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.