Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Pilot for a Day Flying Experience
Add to Basket
Ever dreamt of flying a plane? Make your dream a reality with this Pilot for a Day Flying Experience for one. Get an incredible insight into what it’s like to operate a plane as a private pilot. With an instructor guiding you through it all, you’ll be totally immersed in every step of the experience, from deciding a route, inspecting and preparing the aircraft for flight, and then taking to the skies!
Your cross-country flight will include a 1 hour 30 minute journey with a break at your destination to refuel, before setting off on the breathtaking 1 hour 30 minute journey home. This full-day experience is truly unforgettable: just wait until you see the skies beneath you as you soar high above.
- Experience a day in the life of a pilot in this incredible experience
- Operate an aircraft with the guidance of an instructor
- Enjoy incredible views beneath you with your scenic flight
- Two 1 hour 30 minute flights
- DVD recording of your flight to take home
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival, you’ll meet with your instructor for a cup of coffee, before heading to the briefing room, where you’ll see how pilots study the weather, decide a route and file a flight plan. You’ll receive a briefing on the basics of handling the aircraft in the air, before heading to the hangar to inspect and prepare your plane for flight.
Once prepped and fuelled, you’ll be heading for the skies! Feel the thrill of being airborne and operating a plane in this unforgettable experience. You’ll land at your destination, before taking the scenic room home.
Your experience will last roughly from 09.00 to 16.00, meaning you’ll get a true feel of being a pilot for a day. You can even opt for a DVD recording of your flight using the on-board cameras (at an additional cost payable on the day), perfect for showing off to family and friends!
- Minimum age: 14 (under 18s 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst on site)
- Maximum weight : 18 stone 7lb
- There are certain medical conditions such as epilepsy or pregnancy which will preclude you from taking part. If you are in doubt, you should contact us initially or seek advice from your doctor
- Spectators are welcome, without charge, but will not be able to accompany you in the plane. Facilities for spectators include a café on site which is open Wednesday to Sunday and a picnic area with views of the runway
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available seven days a week throughout the year. Exclusions may apply.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 7 hours for the full experience, including 2 hours' flight planning and studying and two 1 hour 30 minute flights (which will count towards your PPL). All timings are approximate.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
County Durham - Durham
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.