Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Premium Stargazing for Two
Add to Basket
Take your pick from a choice of some of the UK’s most beautiful locations and discover the magic of the night skies with a stargazing experience for two.
You can choose from a variety of incredible spots, from the breathtaking High Force Waterfall, to the historic Raby Castle and the idyllic surroundings of the Lake District. Wherever you choose, you’ll be treated to stunning views, with astronomy binoculars allowing you to experience the awe-inspiring web of constellations above you. Your expert tutor will teach you about the landscape and other features, before illuminating your surroundings so you can take photographs.
You’ll discuss what can be seen in the night sky, with informative commentary from your guide throughout. You’ll leave with a greater knowledge of astronomy, including a printed star chart and tips on finding key objects. Perfect for anyone with a passion for stargazing or those who enjoy unforgettable views in unique surroundings.
- Stargazing experience for two
- Choice of locations, including High Force Waterfall, Raby Castle and the Lake District
- Stunning views of beautiful scenery and the night sky
- Astronomy binoculars to share
- Wireless headphones for commentary, provided at locations where there’s need to spread out
- Printed star chart to take home
- Useful information to help you continue your new hobby
- Excellent photo opportunities
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
Depending on your chosen location, you’ll meet the rest of your group at a pre-arranged point. As you walk towards your prime stargazing spot, your expert guide will tell you all about the surroundings, before illuminating the landscape so you can take photographs and selfies with your phone (other cameras are not permitted, due to available space). Spend some time appreciating the views, before taking your pair of binoculars to share and soaking up the spectacular skies above you.
Your guide will teach you all about free and low-cost apps you can use to help you plan independent stargazing sessions. You’ll also be given a printed star chart for the month of the event, enabling you to remember what you’ve seen.
In the case of unexpected rain or heavy cloud cover, there will be alternative activities designed to be equally informative and enjoyable. Subject to availability, this may involve an interactive discussion indoors, with software simulations of the night sky. You may also have an extended session on how to use stargazing apps.
- Minimum age: 8 (under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult)
- There is a 10 minutes walk to and from the waterfall - the path is on an incline with steps at the bottom - you will need to be able to walk at a steady pace with the rest of the group
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available selected Saturday nights and times from October to April.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes for the full experience
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
- Stargazing Experience for Two with Dark Sky Wales£50.00
- Virtual Stargazing with an Astronomer£18.00
- Hike with Huskies and Entry to Eagle Heights Wildlife Foundation for Two£50.00
- Comedy Night for TwoSave 36% £39.50 £25.00
- Three Course Meal for Two with Sparkling Cocktail at London's Shaka ZuluSave 50% £98.00 £49.00