Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Seal and Dolphin Watching in Cornwall for TwoCode: PMDSD2 12 month validity Cornwall - Penzance 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Seal and Dolphin Watching in Cornwall for Two
Add to Basket
Get ready for an unforgettable ocean adventure with a Seal and Dolphin Watching in Cornwall for Two. Hopping onboard Marine Discovery’s sailing catamaran “Shearwater II”, you’ll set sail from the historic port of Penzance.
No two itineraries are the same, but you’ll be guaranteed some spectacular coastal sights. Along the way, you may see grey seals, the world’s second rarest seal species, harbour porpoises and various dolphin species. Other sightings may include seabirds such as gannets and guillemots and even minke whales.
Although species sightings depend on the weather and time of year and can’t be guaranteed, nothing beats the anticipation of spotting one of these impressive wild animals. You’ll play a role in collecting data which contributes to the ongoing research into the marine wildlife of Mount’s Bay. You can ‘fly’ above the sea on the netting or soak up the sights from your comfortable seats at the stern.
- Seal and Dolphin Watching for Two
- Hop onboard Marine Discovery’s sailing catamaran
- Experience unique sightings of grey seals, the world’s second rarest seal species
- The chance to see harbour porpoises, seabirds and minke whales
- Species sightings depend on the weather and time of year and can’t be guaranteed
- Life jackets
- Full commentary by qualified instructor
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival, you’ll be warmly greeted by a member of the team before boarding Marine Discovery’s sailing catamaran.
Once aboard, your skipper will provide you with a lifejacket before giving a safety briefing. Once you’ve left the port, you’ll receive an introductory talk about what you will be looking out for, information about the local area and wildlife.
With seals and dolphins being wild animals, sightings are of course dependent on the weather and time of year and cannot be guaranteed. Along the way, you’ll play a role in collecting data which contributes to the ongoing research into the marine wildlife of Mount’s Bay.
- Minimum age: 4 (under 16s must be accoumpanied by a paying adult)
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 17 stone
- A reasonable level of fitness is required, as you will need to step on and off the boat safely
- This experience is not suitable for those who are pregnant, have back or neck problems and those with osteoporosis as all boats can experience unpredictable movements that can aggravate medical conditions. You MUST inform us of such conditions
- This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Unfortunately this experience is not suitable for the disabled
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available on selected weekend dates from March to November and with selected weekdays during the summer months.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on the voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
The boat trip itself lasts up to 2 hours. The dolphin survey boat trip needs to leave on time; if you are late your voucher will be void and no refund will be given.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Cornwall - Penzance
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.