Make your way to Canary Wharf or Chelmsford for a delicious Afternoon Tea with a creative twist. You'll enjoy a feast of home smoked trout pate, baked ham in Ann's own recipe mustard sauce, egg and chive mayonnaise and cured cucumber ribbon finger sandwiches along with a delightful pastry, all served with your choice of freshly brewed tea or cafetière coffee. For an added treat, you'll also be a spectator at a fascinating demonstration by one of the Smart School of Cookery's talented chefs. Watch as your host chef prepares lovely Tart Tatin and the vanilla custard with a caramel cage right in front of your eyes, and learn the secret ingredients and tricks of the trade that go into making the fabulous spread before you. You'll get to eat the delicious Tart Tatin fresh from the chef's preparation board, and no, you definitely won't have to help with the washing up afterwards - that's a promise! But you are welcome to assist chef with dessert!
This is a particularly stylish take on the traditional Afternoon Tea treat. A great way to learn the secrets of the patisserie chefs, whilst sampling their freshest creations.
- Afternoon Tea for two featuring a full range of sweet and savoury delicacies
- Choose between a pot of freshly brewed tea and cafetière coffee
- Watch a demonstration by one of the Smart School chefs and learn some fascinating tricks of the trade
- Choose from two Smart School locations
- Free 30 day trial of the Smart online cookery school - details will be available when you activate your voucher
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
This is a lovely interactive version of Afternoon Tea served at The Smart School of Cookery. On arrival at Canary Wharf or Chelmsford you and your guest will be seated and served with a delicious array of savoury and sweet treats such as finger-sandwiches, individual cakes and patisserie. You’ll also be able to choose between a pot of tea and a barista-style coffee.
As you enjoy your tea you will be able to watch a demonstration by one of the talented patisserie chefs at the school who will show you how to prepare a range of gorgeous cakes and desserts – some of which you may well be able to sample as they are finished.
- Minimum age: 18
- The supplier regrets that a nut-free environment cannot be guaranteed in all situations
- Please note: vouchers cannot be used for private hen/stag or any other private event
- Spectators are not permitted
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Your voucher is valid for nine months from the date of issue. It is essential that you book and take your experience before this date.
This experience is available on selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year.
There will be a maximum of 20 participants in each group.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 1 hour for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.