Fancy the driving experience of a lifetime? Take to the wheel of some mean military machinery and test your skills and your nerves on these specially designed courses. There are three locations to choose from, Hampshire, Leicestershire and Oxfordshire, each offer slightly different options.
At the Hampshire location you will drive a 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier, an Abbot tank and a 55 ton Chieftain Main Battle Tank and finish with either a Stormer Mobile Platform or a standard off-road vehicle.
At the Oxfordshire venue, you will drive a 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier, DAF 4x4 Troop carrier and Dennis Fire Engine. You will also experience a passenger ride in a Stalwart.
At the North Yorkshire venue, you will drive a 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier and a DAF 4x4 Troop carrier.
In Leicestershire you will have a choice of three out of their five vehicles including the Russian Armoured BRDM and the Bedford MJ 4X4 Troop Carrier. Whatever location you find yourself at you will receive training and guidance from the friendly and experienced instructors.
- Training from an experienced instructor and hands-on driving
- As part of a small group you will be given a safety briefing followed by driving in up to three military vehicles depending on the location you choose
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your chosen location you will receive a safety briefing and full driving tuition will be given in the reassuring company of the friendly and experienced instructors. All of the courses have been specially designed to give you the military driving experience of a lifetime.
You and your crew will take it in turns to handle the controls as you drive through, across and over any mud and water obstacles in your path.
- Minimum age: 16 (under 18’s need parental/guardian) consent (Minimum age 18 at the Oxfordshire and North Yorkshire location)
- Minimum height: 4ft 8in to 5ft (depending on location)
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- A full UK or European driving licence may be required at some of the venues (At Oxfordshire and North Yorkshire you must have held a manual licence a minimum period of 12 months)
- You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the vehicles which can be high and awkward to enter
- Spectators are welcome (depending on location). Some locations make charge a small fee to cover the cost of refreshments and transport. Please check the fees when booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
The experience takes place on selected days. The season generally runs from March to October.
We recommend you book at least six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow approximately 2 to 3 hours for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.