Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Teen Introductory Flying Lesson
Add to Basket
Get ready for an adrenaline rush like no other with this Teen Introductory Flying Lesson.
Your private lesson will be led by a fully CAA-licensed instructor, and you’ll spend up to 30 minutes in the air (including taxiing and landing). What you learn will depend on your chosen location, but rest assured any flying time will count towards a Private Pilot's licence.
One thing's for sure, this promises to be a sky-high adventure that’ll make you the envy of all your friends.
- Teen Introductory Flying Lesson
- Introduction to flying, aircraft controls and safety
- One-to-one training from a CAA licensed instructor in a two-seater aircraft
- 30 minutes flying lesson (including taxiing and landing) with the opportunity to take the controls
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
Your flying lesson starts with a pre-flight briefing from your qualified instructor. This will cover safety, and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, you are given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control. You will also be able to communicate with each other so you can be guided through your first lesson. Once in the air, you will be able to take the controls, but your pilot will take over to land the plane at the airfield and taxi back.
- Minimum age: 12, 14 at Coventry Airport (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Minimum height: 4ft 10in
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 12 stone at County Down, 14 to 18 stone at other locations
- Participants should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the aircraft
- These are guidelines only and we ask that you check any queries at the time of booking
- Spectators are usually welcome, without charge, but will not be able to accompany you in the plane. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so you should check with the centre when booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Flying lessons take place all year round and are normally available on any day of the week. Availability varies by venue.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please note that with Almat Flying Academy, a fuel surcharge will be required for from £4.40 (for 15 minutes) to £17.22 (for an hour)
You should allow 1 hour for your whole experience, but the flight (from taxi to landing) will last approximately 25-30 minutes.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
24 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (1)
- Cornwall - Bodmin
- South East (5)
- Surrey - Redhill
- Oxfordshire - Kidlington
- Kent - Lydd
- Oxfordshire - Bicester
- Chichester - Goodwood
- East of England (4)
- Cambridgeshire - Cambridge
- Essex - Great Dunmow
- Essex - Stapleford Tawney
- Essex - Clacton
- North West (2)
- Lancashire - Blackpool
- Merseyside - Liverpool
- North East (1)
- Northumberland - Morpeth
- Wales (1)
- Wales - Caernafon
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Northern Ireland - County Down
- Yorkshire and Humber (1)
- Lincolnshire - Kirmington
- East Midlands (4)
- Derbyshire - Eggington
- Northamptonshire - Brackley
- Nottinghamshire - Worksop
- Nottinghamshire - Retford
- West Midlands (4)
- Warwickshire - Wellesbourne
- Staffordshire - Burton on Trent
- Warwickshire - Coventry
- Warwickshire - Coventry