See London’s riverside sights and enjoy a quintessentially British treat with a Thames Afternoon Tea Cruise for Two. You and a lucky friend or partner will board a boat in London for an unforgettable ride along the River Thames, passing iconic sights along the way such as The Shard; a full-size reconstruction of Sir Francis Drake’s 16th century warship; an awe-inspiring view of the sparkling skyscrapers of Canary Wharf; and a close-up of WWII warship HMS Belfast.
Sit back and relax as you indulge in a delicious afternoon tea featuring scones with cream and jam, cakes and sandwiches with your choice of tea of coffee. Why not take a stroll upstairs to take in the 360-degree views of the capital’s riverside landmarks? Whichever direction you look, you’ll be captivated by the city’s spectacular sights in this cruise to remember.
- Departures from Tower Pier
- 1 hour 30 minute Thames cruise for two people
- An afternoon tea of cakes, scones with cream and jam and sandwiches with unlimited tea or coffee
- Vegetarian and gluten free options available (must be pre-booked)
- Take in all the most famous sights of central London from the saloon whilst you eat, or from up on the open top deck
- Fully licensed bar on board
- Personalised voucher and message card
We’re working with our experience partners to ensure we’re adhering to government advice as it updates. Please check with the supplier at time of booking for their individual recommendations.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Tower Pier in time for your designated boarding, you’ll be welcomed by the crew and shown to your pre-booked table. Then it’s time to head out onto the water as you embark on your 1 hour 30 minute cruise along the River Thames.
Along the way you’ll pass such famous sights as the first Roman crossing of the River Thames; the tallest building in Europe, The Shard; a full-size reconstruction of the Golden Hinde, Sir Francis Drake’s 16th century warship; the glistening skyscrapers of Canary Wharf, London’s financial district; and a close-up of HMS Belfast.
As part of this experience you’ll also receive a delicious afternoon tea to share onboard which includes cakes, scones with cream and jam, sandwiches and your choice of tea or coffee.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult. Please note that under 18's will not be served alcohol
- Please note some tables are situated in close proximity to other diners and are pre-allocated before boarding. All tables are fixed to the floor and cannot be moved.
- Any disabilities must be disclosed at the time of booking. All passengers must be physically able to walk on to the boats with an able bodied helper and unfortunately no electronic wheelchairs are permitted
- If a child from 0-4 years would like to have a seat and be served a meal, child rate will be charged
- Seating is pre-allocated before the cruise takes place – your voucher entitles you to a standard seat on board. Window seats can be requested at the time of booking at an additional charge direct with City Cruises
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
You can use your voucher on selected days throughout the year, please see below. Excluded dates include 25 December, 1 January, Valentines (13 and 14 February), UK Mother's day, Good Friday to Easter Monday, UK Father's day and Bank Holiday Mondays.
May - Available Thursday to Monday
June to Mid-eptember - Available Daily
Mid-September to December - Available Thursday to Sunday
You must pre-book and take your experience before the voucher expiry date. Please note that summer dates may have limited availability due to demand.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please note: All bookings are subject to availability and operational changes. There is a set allocation for voucher holders on each date and it is not always possible to fulfil specific date requests.
Cruises last 1 hour 30 minutes and leave at 15.30 (boarding at 15.15) from Tower Pier and return to Tower Pier at 17.00.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.