Previous Page Breadcrumbs
The VIP 'We bought a Zoo' Tour for Two at Dartmoor ZooCode: PDZVIP 12 month validity Devon - Plymouth 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
The VIP 'We bought a Zoo' Tour for Two at Dartmoor Zoo
Add to Basket
Get ready for an unforgettable day with this VIP Tour for Two at Dartmoor Zoo.
In 2007, Benjamin Mee committed the story of Dartmoor Zoo to writing in the best-selling book “We Bought a Zoo” which later become a hit Hollywood film. Benjamin has continued to inspire, becoming a popular choice as a public speaker, sharing his unique story to fascinated audiences across the globe.
Kick things off with a welcome drink before settling down to hear from Benjamin first-hand the fascinating story of Dartmoor Zoo, including its transition to becoming a charity as well as the highs and lows of keeping the zoo alive over the years. As part of the experience, Benjamin will also introduce you to the big cats before leading you on a guided tour of the zoo.
- VIP Tour for Two at Dartmoor Zoo
- A tour of the zoo made famous in the Hollywood film “We Bought a Zoo”
- Hear Benjamin Mee’s incredible story including the highs and lows of Dartmoor Zoo
- Big cats introduced to you by Benjamin Mee
- Welcome drink on arrival and lunch included
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Dartmoor Zoo, you’ll be warmly welcomed and meet the man himself, Benjamin Zee. Kick things off with a welcome drink before settling down to hear Dartmoor Zoo’s fascinating story from Benjamin himself. After the talk, you’ll enjoy a tour of the zoo where you’ll be introduced to the big cats. As part of this experience, you’ll also enjoy a lunch as you reflect on your incredible day.
- No minimum age (under 16s need to be accompanied by an adult)
- The experience is not recommended for anyone who is pregnant, has a high blood pressure, or is of a nervous disposition
- While nearly all of the zoo is accessible to wheelchairs and buggies, it is quite hilly and rugged and some of the paths are challenging. Caution should be exercised, and the team is ready to help when you need: just ask. High heels are inadvisable
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available seven days a week throughout the year, subject to availability.
We recommend you book as far in advance as possible to ensure that dates are available.
Demand is high and places may be limited, so you're advised to book well in advance to avoid disappointment. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 5 hours for the full experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.