Support a charity, aid the rehabilitation of prisoners, enjoy a three-course meal made by prisoners in training and take home a tea towel too with this unique Three Course Meal and Mocktail for Two at The Clink Restaurant.
There are four Clink restaurants run by The Clink Charity, each placed within the grounds or adjacent to a prison. HM Prisons Brixton, Cardiff, High Down and Styal all have a Clink Restaurant. Whichever you choose you’re guaranteed a dining experience that’s as unique as it is delicious.
All the food is made and served by prisoners working towards their NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery and Food & Beverage Service. Since the project began over 800 prisoners have graduated from the programme and it’s won over 60 awards. Once you’ve filled up on fine cuisine, take home a Clink charity tea towel as a memento of your visit.
- A unique three-course lunch for two prepared and served by prisoner trainees
- Choose from four restaurants set within the grounds or adjacent to four UK prisons:
HMP Brixton, London
HMP High Down, Sutton, Surrey
HMP Styal, Wilmslow, Cheshire
HMP Cardiff, Wales
- Enjoy a fruity mocktail each with your lunch
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your chosen Clink Restaurant, please present your voucher and you’ll be shown to your pre-booked table then given a menu to make your mocktail choices from.
Fruity drinks in hand, you’ll then choose your three course options from the seasonal menu, and from there all you need to do is enjoy the dishes as they come – potentially watching them being prepared in the open-plan kitchen.
Please note your voucher is for a three-course lunch from a set menu and excludes steak main courses.
- Minimum age: 18 for The Clink at HMP Brixton and HMP High Down
- As the restaurants are outside of the prison walls for Cardiff and Styal, you do not need to be over 18 years old (Under 18s need to be accompanied by a paying adult) or have photo ID with you
- If your name is not on the reservations list or you do not have the required ID (HMP Brixton and HMP Highdown) entry to the prison will be declined
- As part of your visit you may be required to use a biometric system which includes your fingerprints and photograph being taken
- You may also be subject to a routine search – this would be similar to what you might expect in an airport
- Guests are permitted to bring in one handbag or briefcase per person only. No other bags or cases will be allowed and there is no capacity at the prison to store such items
- Drugs are prohibited at all times, excluding prescription medicine which has your name on
- The Clink Restaurants are not licensed to serve alcohol in any of its restaurants as it is banned on prison premises
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available on selected days depending on the venue:
High Down; Monday to Friday - 12.00 to 15.00
Brixton: Monday to Friday and Sunday - 12.00 to 15.00
Cardiff: Seven days a week - 12.00 to 15.00
Styal: Monday to Friday - 12.00 to 14.00 and Sunday 12.00 to 14.30 Saturdays from 9 September 2017
All visitors must book at least 72 hours prior to arrival. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 2 hours to enjoy your meal.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.