Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Truck Driving Experience
Add to Basket
Get behind the wheel of a 55ft monster of a vehicle in this Truck Driving Experience. You’ll feel what it’s like to be a proper ‘truckie’ as you drive a DAF XF lorry or a DAF CF Car Transporter on an exhilarating adventure you’ll never forget.
Take a seat aboard a massive truck and get a different perspective on the ground below. Both vehicles pack a punch from their mammoth engines, so you’ll feel the difference in power from your usual mode of transport as you accelerate and manoeuvre around the track. This is no ordinary driving experience as you learn from your HGV instructor how to handle the truck around a purpose-built course designed to show you what these vehicles can really do. At the end of your session, you will be presented with a certificate – the perfect memento of your driving experience with a difference.
- Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
- In-truck briefing with your instructor
- 10 to 15 minute session driving a DAF XF lorry or a DAF CF Car Transporter
- Presentation of experience certificate
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the centre, you will be welcomed by staff and introduced to your HGV instructor who will lead you over to the DAF XF lorry or DAF CF Car Transporter. Once sitting comfortably in the cab, your instructor will conduct a short briefing including safety procedures before instructing you on how to tackle the purpose-built course.
Once you feel confident to take the wheel, it’s time to start the engine and set off on your trucking adventure. You’ll weave your way through cones and practise reversing the vehicle with your instructor by your side guiding you every step of the way. At the end of your driving session, you will be presented with a certificate before departing.
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s must be accompanied by an adult)
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 6in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- International licences accepted. All participants must hold a full driving licence and present the original at the event
- All drivers need to be in reasonable health
- The site has disabled access and parking, however there are steps to catering facilities, photo suite and registration
- You may take up to three spectators with you in the cab (one must be an adult, the other over 10 years)
- At all locations included in this voucher there is no limit on other guests but they will not be able to see the experience taking place and will be required to stay at the main pit lane area. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products. Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience
This experience is available on selected dates from March to November inclusive.
We recommend you book at least eight to twelve weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 1 hour for the whole experience. You will spend approximately 10 minutes driving the truck.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
7 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.