Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Visit to Kensington Palace and Afternoon Tea at the 5* Royal Garden Hotel for TwoCode: PATKP2 9 month validity 2 locations 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Visit to Kensington Palace and Afternoon Tea at the 5* Royal Garden Hotel for Two
Add to Basket
Share a wonderfully Royal experience as you visit a place of residence for the likes of Princess Diana, Princess Margaret and Queen Victoria. Kensington Palace has been influenced by generations of royal women. Discover secret stories of public lives, played out within its walls.
2019 marks the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth at the palace and to celebrate two new exhibitions, Victoria – A Royal Childhood and Victoria – Woman and Crown will cast the spotlight on this notable monarch. Visit the awe-inspiring King’s state apartments and intimate Queen’s apartments, where you can explore the etiquette and protocol of 18th century court life.
At the nearby 5* Royal Garden Hotel, tuck into a delightful array of finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and tempting cakes and pastries, complete with fine organic leaf tea. Awarded the prestigious ‘Award of Excellence’ by The Tea Guild, you can be sure you’re getting only the best here.
- Entrance to Kensington Palace and self-guided tour
- Diana: Her Fashion Story (ends 17 February 2019)
- From 24 May 2019: Victoria – A royal childhood and Victoria – Woman and Crown
- Delicious afternoon tea in the nearby 5* Royal Garden Hotel
- Personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Kensington Palace you will be able to explore at your leisure to discover the secrets, stories and public lives of the people of Kensington Palace.
From 24 May 2019 two new exhibitions, Victoria – A royal childhood and Victoria – Woman and Crown will cast the spotlight on this notable monarch.
Victoria – A royal childhood. Most are aware of the “unamused” older Queen Victoria, however through a display of objects relating to her early years, you will gain an intimate insight into the world of the creative and vibrant princess destined to rule over the greatest empire the world had ever seen. All within the permanent representation of Victoria’s childhood rooms, discover the princess’s education, family life, friendships and bitter struggles during her life under the strict “Kensington System”.
Victoria – Woman and Crown is a new exhibition in the Pigott Galleries uncovering the private woman behind the throne and re-examines her later life and legacy. Included in this exhibition are rare survivals from Victoria’s private wardrobe including a fashionable pair of silver boots. This intriguing story also reveals how her 9 children and 42 grandchildren extended her influence across Europe and the Empire.
You will enjoy a delicious afternoon tea at the 5* Royal Garden Hotel, which will include finger sandwiches, scones, cakes and pastries, along with freshly brewed tea. The resident pianist will add further enjoyment by playing live music Tuesday to Friday from 15.30 to 18.30 and on Saturdays and Sundays from 14.30 to 17.30.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 16
- A reasonable level of fitness is desirable as some walking is involved. As Kensington Palace is a historical building there are some areas with difficult stairs and other areas where wheelchair access is limited; all visitor levels are, however, accessible by lift. Manual wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis from the Palace but cannot be booked in advance. If you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part in the experience you should discuss this with the centre before booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Kensington Palace is open daily from 10.00 to 18.00 (last admission 17.00) 1 March to 31 October and 10.00 to 16.00 (last admission 15.00) 1 November to 28 February. The Palace is closed on 24 to 26 December inclusive.
There may be additional closure dates, please check before booking your afternoon tea.
Afternoon tea at the Royal Garden Hotel is served daily between 14.00 and 17.30 in the Park Terrace Lounge.
Afternoon tea is served between 14.00 and 17.30 in the Park Terrace Lounge of the Royal Garden Hotel. Kindly note that the restaurant can get busy at peak times including weekends so please book in advance.
As a guideline, you should allow approximately 1 hour 30 minutes for your visit to the Palace but there is no limit to the visiting time.
Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours for your afternoon tea.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
2 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- London (2)
- London - Kensington
- London - Kensington
- Visit to Kensington Palace and Champagne Afternoon Tea for two at the 5* Bentley Hotel, LondonSave 15% £117.20 £99.00
- Visit to Kew Gardens with Afternoon Tea at The Botanical for Two£89.00
- Visit to Kensington Palace and Three Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's London Steakhouse CoSave 28% £153.50 £109.00