Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Weekday Dive with Sharks at Skegness AquariumCode: PSADS1 SP2 12 month validity Lincolnshire - Skegness 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Weekday Dive with Sharks at Skegness Aquarium
Add to Basket
Immerse yourself in the wonders of the underwater world, and Dive with Sharks at Skegness Aquarium.
With an experienced instructor on hand, get up close and personal with an array of incredible sea life species, ranging from bat rays and unicorn fish to black tip reef sharks and zebra sharks. Begin with an expert briefing and equipment orientation, before taking the plunge on Europe's only aquarium shark dive for complete novices using cutting-edge full face masks to optimise participant comfort.
Breathe how nature intended with state-of-the-art life support equipment, which’ll allow you to breathe through your mouth or nose while the instructor gives you verbal guidance and reassurance via a diver communication device. Leading up to or following your Dive with the Sharks, explore the wonders of Skegness Aquarium. Walk under the waves, discover little-known creatures and see some of the aquarium’s fantastic attractions, including the brand new Jurassic Falls Attraction.
- Diving with Sharks Experience at Skegness Aquarium
- Entry to the Skegness Aquarium for one dive experience participant and one spectator, for participants under the age of 16 this must be a legal parent or guardian
- Briefing and training with an experienced instructor
- Come face to face with a variety of sea species, including sharks and bat rays
- Take the plunge in the Lost Lagoon and the Coral Ocean display
- Supported by the British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) and the Shark Trust
- Three months free membership with the BSAC
- Personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
You’ll begin your experience from home with an online E-Learning session which will pass on key information and build the excitement, then once you've arrived there will be a briefing from an experienced instructor, who’ll be giving you the lowdown on scuba diving and the array of sea species you can expect to encounter.
Get to grips with some essentials with a briefing and full face mask orientation whilst standing above the main aquarium exhibit, and finally taking the plunge into the Coral Ocean display to immerse yourself in life underwater. With an incredible variety of species to discover, it promises to be a truly unforgettable experience.
You’re free to explore Skegness Aquarium at your leisure, discovering the many wonders they have to offer. Please leave time for the before and after based on the booked time
- Minimum age: 10 (under 16s must be accompanied by an adult)
- 10 and 11 year olds depth restricted to 2 metres
- Maximum weight: 18 stone 10lb (120kg). It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure their weight is checked and below the maximum allowance before the date of the dive experience. The maximum weight restriction has been put in place to ensure the health and safety of both our customers and supervising staff in the event of any emergency
- Depth restriction of 2 metres may apply for any participant not showing the required confidence to conduct the experience. These depth restrictions, if applied, do not affect the experience in any way
- Please note; you are required to fill out a medical declaration to confirm your fitness for the experience and sign a digital registration form. This is available to view here https://dive.skegness-aquarium.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Skegness-Aquarium-Dive-and-Snorkel-Registration-Form-1.pdf
- No previous experience is required, although confidence in water is essential
- Each paid participant may bring one free spectator. Additional spectators are charged at extra cost
- A digital lesson which will be carried out via an online E-Learning link will need to be completed prior to arrival.
- All participants will be videoed during the experience and will have the option to purchase a video link of the experience
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 09.00, 11:00, 13:00 or 15.00 throughout the year. Excluded dates may apply. At the discretion of the Dive Team, more spaces may be made available to meet demand.
There will be a group size of four per session. Please check the available time slots when making your booking.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
There will be a 15 minutes to don wetsuit and boots, followed by a 15 minute briefing, then an equipment/equalisation workshop will take place before the participants undertake a breath-taking dive for a maximum of 40 minutes inside the ocean display. Please allow up to 2 hours for the full experience, and a full day exploring the aquarium.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Lincolnshire - Skegness
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.